The World of Throne of Glassby Published 01 Oct 2019
|The World of Throne of Glass.pdf|
The official guide to the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series complete with characters, creatures, new artwork, and more!
Everyone knows the story of the assassin queen. But now, fans of the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series will be immersed in her journey like never before. From Adarlan’s dark past to Terrasen’s bright future, this comprehensive guide will bring the people, creatures, settings, magic, gods, and world of Aelin’s epic journey to life in stunning illustrations and descriptive portrayals. Complete with an expansive vocabulary and timeline of events, this is the must-have official companion to the Throne of Glass series.
"The World of Throne of Glass" Reviews
Of all the book SJM is going to release this is the one I'm most excited for! Well, unless if one of the new ACOTAR books is called The World of ACOTAR... Just imagine, information about Hybern, the courts, the fae, etc. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!! Returning to this book read the description:
The ultimate guide to the Throne of Glass series and the world of Erilea, including an illustrated compendium of characters, settings, magic, gods, politics, creatures, and vocabulary, plus a timeline of events.
It said: Sarah J Mass Game. I said: Hit preorder button.
You know, if there's one thing that I don't understand, is why authors who haven't developed their worlds consistently or thoroughly enough, suddenly feel the need to milk it by creating a companion book that details every little aspect that the author was too LAZY to properly explain themselves!
I feel like the people who came up with the name for this companion guide to Throne of Glass, were trying to reap the success The World of Ice and Fire had.
Here's the thing tho. A Song of Ice and Fire. Is. An INSANELY detailed fantasy series. When stuff aren't happening, most of the book is spent describing a culture or a historical event or giving insight into this or that house or person or custom or... whatever. There is constant lore being thrown at you for the entire duration of the series and - this is my point - it IS JUSFTIFIED in having a companion book that explains aspects of the lore and history.
Throne of Glass, however, is not.
The only consistent bits of lore we get are in Heir of Fire. That's the only book that bothered to introduce at least some consistent bits of lore after the first 2 books left the reader with only a generic fantasy world to imagine in their minds. After Heir of Fire, Maas remembered to give lore information once every blue moon.
Ok, ok, ok. Let's say that this book is going to be published and is going to give us an insight into the world. Here are some of the things I want addressed.
1. First of all I want an updated FREAKING MAP! I don't know where the Fae lands Celaena landed on, in Heir of Fire, are nor other regions mentioned in Empire of Storms and whatnot.
2. Second, I don't want half the book to focus on the damn Faes! I hate the Faes as a race and no one is going to change my mind, because Maas has done a pretty good job in solidifying this opinion for me.
3. Thirdly, I want someone to explain the freaking magic system already! Because Aelin is freaking OP, using an element that is one of the most boring, as far as fantasy magic goes, but we have no freaking clue why!
4. I want explanation for the unique creatures featured in this series. Fae and witches and lepricons can go to hell!
5. Actually scratch that I wanna read more about the witches.
6. I want explanation in regards to the various items Aelin has in her possession. Because she has a whole MMORPG inventory worth of items that i can't remember how she acquired.
7. I want a DETAILED and COMPREHENSIVE explanation of Aelin's FUCKING FAMILY TREE! Because I am sick and tired of going a dozen times to the Wikia page to understand where the obscure characters of the past fit into Aelin's bloodline.
8. I want a detailed explanations of the main characters' pasts, and I am referring to Chaol and Dorian. Aedion, Rowan and Lysandra all presented us with their sob stories. I wanna hear Chaol and Dorian's too.
9. And lastly I want insight into: culture, religion, nations, economy, evolution of society, customs for different ppls etc. Maas clearly has different cultures, nations, an economy, religions - she keeps mentioning Gods - but she never explains them in the context of her story.
I am not against this book being published. I am just mad that the name is uninspired and because it comes not as an addition to something you've read and want further reading, but gives explanations to ideas, concepts and elements that are never or just loosely explained by the author herself!
Still gonna read it tho. If only to see if some of the stuff I specified above are addressed. >.>
Okay, Can I just say this is titled wrong.
I would not remotely say this is Throne of Glass #7 unless it was, well, a 7th installment of the Throne of Glass Series. This is just some information about Erilea, which is not a novel. This might be like a Simarillion type book, but it is not Throne of Glass within its context. Sure it will be set in the Throne of Glass universe but TOLKIEN DIDN'T CALL THE SIMARILLION LOTR 4....Just saying. I also think what Sarah is doing (and most of my tumblr agrees with me) that she is personally milking the money cow now. I don't know how I feel about 4 different 'spin off' titles of A Court of Thorns and Roses, and I don't know what I feel about 2 more 'spin offs' of Throne of Glass without Aelin, Dorian and Etc. I am personally confused by all of this and this is what KILLED a series like Mortal Instruments for me. I loved Throne of Glass when I read it last year, I gave it a 5 star rating, I love the characters they are very well written and quirky. Do I want every little knit picky detail I can get my grubby little hands off of Mrs. Maas, not really. I like to have my own wondering in a book series, and that is why I don't really like this idea. I might sound like a Negative Nancy when I am saying this, and I want Sarah to make more titles that are DIFFERENT from Throne of Glass or ACOTAR. I want more verity in her writing, I know she has a adult novel (That's free and no one knows about it) on tumblr collaborating with another amazing author)- she can make something not about Faes, make something about Aliens, or zombies, or zombie aliens I DON'T CARE just don't push the envelope and kill these two series for me. I mean unless she fixes Empire of Storms and stops making Aelin a nut loving slut- MARRY HER TO SOMEONE, I don't know if I will read the rest of the book she writes. I don't mean to crash Sarah J. Maas in anyway- but....DAMN don't you guys think the same way about this?
UPDATE: wow they seriously change the title of this book.... I didn't think they were going to do that... doesn't say if the seventh book in the series anymore .... what?
ALSO UPDATE: She killed these two series for a lot of people...not just me yay
5 MORE ACOTAR BOOKS
A TOG COLORING BOOK
AND NOW THIS?!
.....God bless the heavens.